Как сделать файл read only excel?
Этот пример продемонстрирует, как сделать книгу Excel доступной только для чтения. Пользователи по-прежнему смогут сохранить изменения, создав новую копию книги.
Чтобы защита была надёжней, защитите лист.
- Откройте книгу.
- На вкладке File (Файл), нажмите кнопку Save As (Сохранить как).
- Кликните по Tools (Сервис) и выберите General Options (Общие параметры).
- Введите пароль в поле Password to modify (Пароль для изменения) и нажмите OK.
Примечание: Если вы хотите всего лишь порекомендовать пользователям открывать файл Excel только для чтения, не защищая его, то не вводите пароль и поставьте галочку напротив Read-only recommended (Рекомендовать доступ только для чтения).
- Снова введите пароль и нажмите ОК.
Эта функция не зашифровывает файл Excel. Злоумышленники могут отредактировать файл и удалить пароль.
- Введите имя файла и кликните по Save (Сохранить).
Теперь книга доступна только для чтения.
Урок подготовлен для Вас командой сайта office-guru.ru
Источник: /> Перевел: Антон Андронов
Правила перепечаткиЕще больше уроков по Microsoft Excel
Оцените качество статьи. Нам важно ваше мнение:
Surely, read-only excel file could prevent accidental changes on it. But read-only mode could be removed or disabled as you wish anytime when you want to edit excel file?
I don’t know. But I think some options you have used to set excel workbook read only, would be able to remove this setting always. So that you can remove or disable read only in excel file. Now in this article, I will list several possible cases that make your workbook and worksheet read only and introduce how we can do to remove read only status from Excel file.
- Case 1: Excel file is made read-only by “Mark as Final”
- Case 2: Excel file becomes read-only recommended by “Save As”
- Case 3: Excel file is restricted modify and read only
- Case 4: Worksheet and Workbook structure is locked and read only
Case 1: Excel file is made read-only by “Mark as Final”
While you open an excel file that has been marked as final, you would see a message bar at the top of sheet window. To remove read only from excel file, you just need to click on “Edit Anyway” button on message bar.
Now you have been able to edit excel file and make any changes to worksheet or workbook.
Case 2: Excel file becomes read-only recommended by “Save As”
When a dialog appears and shows three options for you to choose after you double click the read-only excel file, just click “Yes” and you could open excel file in read-only mode.
Now if you make any changes on the excel file, and want to save, there would be a message that prompts you again to save a copy of the file and rename it.
1. Click OK and open Save As dialog. Then click “Tools > General Options” in Save As dialog.
2. Uncheck “Read-only recommended“ and click OK.
3. Back to Save As dialog and click “Save” button to make a copy of original excel file. From then on, the copied Excel file would be not read-only and could be used instead of original one. It means you have disabled read-only in Excel file.
Case 3: Excel file is restricted modify and read only
While you are trying to open excel file that is restricted modify, and a password is required for write access, instead of entering password, please just click “Read Only” button to open excel file as read only.
It seems you cannot do any changes on it, but you can save the read-only excel file as another one to remove modify password. So remove read only in excel file.
1. Click File > Save As, and click Save button in pop-up Save As dialog.
2. Click OK to save excel file to replace the read-only one.
Case 4: Worksheet and Workbook structure is locked and read only
While your excel file is read only and you know it is because worksheet and workbook structure is protected, it will be easy or difficult to disable read only. We don’t know.
If you know the password that protect worksheet and workbook, remove read only in excel file would be so easy.
1. Open your excel file in MS Excel and you can view all worksheet and its content.
2. Click Unprotect Sheet under Review > Changes group, and enter password to unprotect sheet one by one.
3. Click Protect Workbook in the same location and type password to unprotect workbook structure and windows.
4. Save excel file and read-only mode would be removed from excel file.
But if you don’t know protected password, disabling read only in Excel file would be a little difficult unless you could find a utility to directly remove password protection from excel workbook, such as iSunshare Workbook Unprotect Genius, which could directly and easily remove worksheet/workbook protected password with only one click.
Probably your excel file is also protected with open password now besides above edit restrictions. Then just opening the excel file is a difficult thing, not to say removing read only mode in excel file. But if you want to disable excel file read only, removing or recovering excel file password to open the password protected excel file is necessary at first. Otherwise, you just could let excel file read-only all the time.
- How to Unlock Encrypted Excel Spreadsheet without Password
- Forgot Excel Workbook 2010/2013 Password
- How to Disable Protected View for Office 2010 to Enable Editing
- How to Unprotect Excel Workbook without Password
This example shows you how to make your workbook read-only. Users can still save changes by creating a new copy of the workbook. For a better protection, protect a sheet.
1. Open a workbook.
2. On the File tab, click Save As.
3. Click Browse.
4. Click on the Tools button and click General Options.
5. In the Password to modify box, enter a password and click OK.
Note: If you only want to recommend users to open the Excel file as read-only, without protecting it, don’t enter a password and check Read-only recommended.
6. Reenter the password and click on OK.
Note: this feature does not encrypt your Excel file. Malicious users can edit the file and remove the password.
7. Enter a file name and click Save.
Your workbook is read-only now. The password for the downloadable Excel file is «easy».
Information moves quickly with modern technology. With a single email, a colleague can share a complicated Excel worksheet for you to customize as needed. There is one problem: That file is locked as “read-only.” You can unlock this quickly within the program, without even needing super-spy powers.
Unlocking Made Simple
The key to unlock an Excel 2011 or 2016 worksheet is in the File menu of the Finder feature on your computer. Get out of the Excel program, closing the worksheet. Go to the Finder menu box; this is not in Excel but rather is the main finder in your computer’s C-drive where you search for saved files. Search for the named Excel worksheet in question. Select it, then under «File,» select «Get Info.» Note that on some versions of Excel, this is also accomplished with a right-click on the filename. At the top under the General tab will be a box checked if the worksheet is locked. Uncheck this to unlock it. Once it is unlocked, reopen the file in Excel to work on it.
Excel 2010 and 2013 also use a «Protected View» banner that prevents editing unless you click the «Enable Editing» button on the right side of the banner. Once you click this, you are able to edit the Excel document.
If the file doesn’t unlock, you might not have permission to unlock it. If this is the case, you need to request permission from the original sender.
Sharing and Permissions
Now that you can edit and manipulate the data in the worksheet, you might want to share it with your team or colleagues. But you also might not want them to change data, using it for review only. You can lock the file from your end. In the same tab you used to unlock the file, check the box to lock it. This does, however, prevent you from being able to change anything else.
You can instead lock it through sharing and permissions located at the bottom of the Get Info box. It will list your name, your staff and everyone else who has access to this file. Each name listed has a drop-down privilege to either “read only” or “read & write.” Make sure you have read and write permission, but give everyone else read-only.
Difference Between Locked and Read-Only
The two ways to lock and unlock the worksheet can be confusing. If you can unlock a file, can’t your team unlock it as well? Yes, if the privileges they are given say they can read and write. Only owners, creators and those given these permissions are able to unlock the file.
It is possible, therefore, that you receive a file as locked and even checking the box doesn’t unlock it. The reason is you probably don’t have permission to read and write. You would need to ask the original file creator to resend it after updating your permissions. Once that’s done, you can manipulate and change the information.